1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Warning Lights Going Off, Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MoHAlixPr, Feb 26, 2017.

1. MoHAlixPr

MoHAlixPr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Prius with 206,000 miles. These warning lights on the dash and monitor (airbag warning unrelated) went off at once and no ideas. Any luck? Going to take it to Autozone tomorrow to read the codes and hope I make it. Could it have something to do with the hybrid battery?

[​IMG]

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Notice the fuel gauge is at one bar. Did the car run out of fuel?

Also, notice the traction battery state of charge gauge shows eight green bars which is over-charged. That is unusual to see unless you've just descended a very long mountainous grade.

The Autozone code reader may not retrieve all logged DTC. Mini VCI would be your best bet if you wish to DIY.

3. MoHAlixPr

MoHAlixPr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was concerned about that with it being cold and all so I added four gallons to it, but it doesn't seem to have solved it. My plan is to take it to Autozone tommorow and get a read on it, and then try rebooting the sytem and see if it clears.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You have a master caution alarm.i wouldbt clear the codes as you won't know what the car is unhappy about. They'll come right back on anyway.

The other codes are TPMS and the standard 5000 mile service needed don't worry about those worry about the master caution.
    At your mileage it's probably the hybrid battery and given the fact your mfd battery charge level is completely full your probably seeing hybrid battery charging swings from full to Empty. If you hear the battery fan running in the back.seat or r ac only blows warm it's the battery.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Autozone cannot interrogate hybrid codes.