1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Streaming music via bluetooth to Gen 3 with Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Preeeus, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Preeeus

Preeeus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was reading online that if you try to stream music via bluetooth from a phone to the stereo on a Gen III with Nav, that it will only be in mono.

Is this correct, or will it work in stereo?

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I Bluetooth stream from a Gen 7 iPod all the time and have exceptional stereo separation. I can't speak for all Bluetooth devices but usually if the original content is two channel then it will be reproduced two channel.

3. Preeeus

Preeeus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's great to hear (no pun intended). The info I read must have been mistaken. You have the nav system stereo or the regular stereo?

4. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have the NAV, which just ticks away all the time. Don't need it or use it. It's the 4 CD changer and one DVD NAV disk behind the James Bond motorized screen system. It says JBL on the lower left corner and E7022 on the lower right corner of the screen.

5. Preeeus

Preeeus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure that's the same thing. The user interface for accessing music on a USB stick really stinks, but now that microSD cards are so cheap, I can throw some music on one and listen to it from my phone via bluetooth to my little heart's content.

It makes me want to go for a long drive!

6. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Roger that! I keep my player well stocked with road-rash tunes and a plethora of podcasts. Weekdays I spend three hours a day in the car on my round trip commute.

7. Preeeus

Preeeus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow... that's quite a commute! That's more time than I probably spend doing anything actually productive. ;-)

8. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    This is my second Prius doing this drive. I get about 3 years ownership and it's time to trade up. My first year in my 2011 was passed a couple of weeks ago, to the tune of 33,535 miles (odo at 88,271). I'm looking forward to getting a well maintained 2014 in a couple of years.