1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Struggled to start and gained ev range?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by nick817, Jan 20, 2020.

1. nick817

nick817 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Started the car This morning and had a weird issue. Temperature outside was around 2 degrees Fahrenheit. Attempted to start the car and it would only go into accessory mode with the radio and climate control turning on but car not saying "ready". I clicked the power button again and it didn't do anything. I clicked it about a dozen more times and it finally went from accessory mode to "ready" and the engine finally kicked on. The car never even shut off when I kept hitting the power button. That's the first weird thing. Second thing is the car was showing I somehow had 7.6 miles of EV range. The car should have had 0. I haven't charged the car in over a week and put about 300 miles on the regular tank of gas so I don't understand how it randomly had range. Once the car heated up i put it in ev mode and it let me drive until it went down to 2 miles of range then it shut ev mode off as of I ran out of ev range. Then about 12 hours later It did the same thing. Struggled to start and when it finally did it said I had 6.2 miles of ev range. Let me drive it down to about 1.2 then said it was depleted. Anyone else ever have this issue? 2012 with 54k miles.

2. Deoc

Deoc Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you have never replace the 12v battery it may be time to do so, i had similar issues when temperature was about 10 degrees.