1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strut-Tower bar does work !!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Azipod, Oct 3, 2010.

1. RDJax

RDJax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I've installed my Tanabe Strut Bar and agree with "Cdy" previous response/description on what it does for you. My turns are much more precise and enjoyable. I can tell it's not placebo since I drive a lot and generally put 40-60K miles on a car per year due to work, so I have been able to drive just this week with the strut bar and notice a difference. But nowhere near the turns I get in my old 89' Porsche 944 S2.

Anyway, the main reason I'm responding is that I have found a loss in mpg? Is it due to the winter? I live in Florida, so it's in the 20-30's for our two week winter... I have the front tires at 38 psi and rear at 36.

I enjoy the better handling but am miffed at the lower mpg's I've been getting the last 48 hours! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. RDJax

RDJax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry just read "lower MPGs in winter or problem? PLEASE HELP :)" I think it's just the winter. I'll let you know in a month or so... :)

3. Agent J

Agent J Hypoliterian

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it's probably just weather. i have it too and didn't affect mileage. i still get between 60-65mpg on my daily commute with 205 width non-LRR tires.

4. Toppcat

Toppcat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I agree totally! Any handling upgrades Firstly start w performace tire upgrades! Even wheels 15 to 17" . 2nd front sway bar! Then yours set. These two upgrades will make a night and day difference. .

5. carr

carr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys!

It is interesting. My p2 seriously asking for this kind of stuff. Does any of you have a proper size that fits to my vehicle? I'm thinking about building one. :) Have materials, and knowledge for it. Sizes are missing. :) Couldn't find any info 'bout it.
    My ride is a 2007 EU version JBL. 78Hp. If it matters. Thank you! :)

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    see if you can get used sway bars from a corolla or matrix; the strut tower brace you should just buy one online rather than try to make something unless you have amazing fabrication skills and a shop full of excellent tools.