1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stuck CD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by harryarcos, May 21, 2019.

1. harryarcos

harryarcos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First time ever had a CD stuck in the player and I tried taking out the fuse and leaving it for a couple of hours and then disconnecting the battery for a similar time, but it was either put up with 'Simon and Garfunkel' until I sell the car - could be worse, or get to grips taking it all apart. I followed Chris Dragon's excellent guide, but found out that the car is different to my RHD and it probably was unnecessary to remove anything except the plastic strip housing the ventilation outlet on the left side of the main display and radio, rather than the whole lot. The photo shows the strips either side of the main display and radio and as you can see, there are lugs on the one housing the gear knob, so that side does need to be completely removed. Not the best job for an afternoon and the whole lot seems to be held together with those horrible plastic clips. Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

Anyone know why some CDs stick? The diameter of the hole in the disc is 15.3 mm and uniform, which is much the same as other CDs.

Attached Files: