1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stuck on "Loading" with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by qonos, Jan 1, 2013.

1. qonos

qonos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Happy new year everyone. Been lurking on these forums for a while, just signed up to ask a question about a problem I've been having.

I have a first-gen iPod Touch running iOS 3.1.3. When I got my Prius C 3 about 3 weeks ago, I was able to plug the iPod in to the USB and it worked great; album art, voice control, everything. A few days ago I finally decided to try out Entune by pairing with my Android phone. That worked fine, but ever since then I have been unable to use my iPod. When I connect the iPod it will sometimes start playing the last track that was active, but when I press Browse or try to change songs, I get a spinning disc image on the screen and it says "Loading" but never finishes. Also I noticed that when I connect the iPod it now says "Accessory Connected" on the iPod screen and asks me if I want to install an app, which it never did before.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it looks like the audio system is trying to communicate with the Entune app on the iPod. However the Entune app isn't installed so it just hangs forever waiting for a response. And I can't install the Entune app because it requires a newer version of iOS than my device supports.

Is there any way that I can get the audio system to go back to its previous behavior of treating my iPod Touch like just a regular iPod?

2. qonos

qonos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Update on this in case anyone was curious. I ended up buying a new iPod Touch 5th gen and it works great in the Prius with the Entune app installed.