1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Study funded by diesel proponent finds that Hybrids, especially the Prius, retain high resale values

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Mar 1, 2011.

1. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Study funded by diesel proponent finds that Hybrids, especially the Prius, retain high resale va

Yeah, I second the what's wrong. I paid in cash for my last two cars with a personal check at car dealerships and each replied with a yawn when I asked if they would accept one. My guess is that they know all about you as soon as you forward some personal info and the numbers match. After all, you should be the only one who knows your personal info.

Yeah, there's a small chance a dishonest car salesman (that's an oxymoron for you) would steal this information but unlikely when it's easier and safer to take your money on the deal alone.

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Study funded by diesel proponent finds that Hybrids, especially the Prius, retain high resale va

Used Gen II Prii for sale have now hit asking prices of $24K in Southern California !!!
    Anyone want to buy a used Chevy Suburban? Anyone? Anyone? I didn't think so.

Used Toyota Prius Cars For Sale In Irvine, CA - Yahoo! Autos

....anyone who has been waiting to or thinking about trading in a Gen II for a new Gen III, this could be an excellent time. Sticker price for a Gen III a month ago is the same as the sticker price for a Gen III today, BUT the resale value of your Gen II has increased by about $5000 over the past month. I should have bought up a hundred of them, waited a month, and sold them.

3. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

I wrote a personal check to my dealer for $24,440.00 for my 2010 Prius. he was happy to take it.

I don't buy cars based on resale value - I buy them based on what I want out of a car. Pretty much has to be a recommended vehicle from Consumers Reports or I won't consider it.