1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stuff I don't like about the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by catfromtex, Feb 14, 2006.

1. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I was gonna put that part about it being on the 05...lucky you with the new trim.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Same here. And I'm 5'2". I've noticed my blind spots are almost nonexistant with the Prius compared to any other vehicle I've driven. I feel almost like I have panoramic vision with this car considering the mirror placements and windows big and small.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the new "G3" (2k4-5-6) Prius turning radius sucks compared to the Classic. 34' for the new Prius 31' for the Classic. That just about stopped the wife from getting the 2k4 she's learned to live with that limitation. Me, I still find it an issue. On the merging issue I find most people in front of me are going to slow. I want to blow the horn at most of them, it should be a mandatory re-testing issue with every liscense renewal.

4. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I'm almost 40, actually. It would be some lucky teenager indeed to have a car like a Prius.

5. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's my .02

I like cars that are the best at what they do and own an Acura NSX and a BMW 7 series. The Prius handling doesn't compare, and why bother, it's basically a small mini-van. However, being a techie, my new 06 OP8 Prius provides a lot of interest and does what it does well, I'm very pleased with it.

What needs improvement?

To start with my wife is 5'2", I'm 6'1", electric memory seats would be nice. Also, we really miss the flip day/night flip thingy on the mirror (night for me, day for her).

The seats are really pathetic, too short, unsupportive, little bolster and no lumbar. The steering wheel is uncomfortable on long drives and the button lighting is too dim. As mentioned by others, there is one braile bump for voice activation, why not something on each button? We are comfortable with the limited rear view as our NSX has even less!

Finally, and I think this is just a problem with the '06 and reprogrammed '04s, braking below 3 mph sometimes exhibits release-grab behavoir.

Brian Orlando, FL

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I absolutely HATE the new trim

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I am 5'3", so it seems to me you people are too big since Rancid and I are small and have no blind spots :)

8. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Must be! I'm 6', and the Prius has some definite blind spots on the freeway for me. I have to adjust the side-view mirrors way out past where the car itself is no longer visible to avoid losing cars in there completely.

9. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ooh, I bet those little triangular windows are actually useful to you guys, too! All I see through them is the ground!

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    geez, rancid and maggie... make me feel like the giant girl... i'm 5 foot 8 or 9 depending on the day.

11. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I just noticed a couple of days ago that every button had a different debit or bump or line or dip or is raised, depressed..... once you learn the feel you can can do it in the dark.

I've always done my best work in the dark! :huh:

12. bacinmass

bacinmass Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    REAR WINDOW ADVANTAGE -- Has anyone noticed that the split rear window actually is a great thing at night? When cars are behind you, the bar in the split window seems perfectly alligned to block headlights from blinding you in the mirror.

Love my Prius!

13. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Love the rear window bar at night, like the clearness of the lower window during rain, dew; don't get the blind spot stuff,5'5". Came from a truck so the turning radius was great, parking a dream. SKS, Nav and the stereo have been great. Love all the cubbie holes! Sometimes I forget where I put things. Love MPG, quick and infrequent fill-up. I love my car!

Dislike the pre-leather, pre-darker cloth interior. Loud engine over hills sometimes.

14. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

I'm 5'5 and don't have any issues with blindspots.

The back window split is fabulous at blocking the headlights from folks behind...

My only real issue with the car is that when reversing, I think I'm way closer to whatever I'm backing towards than I am...Maybe it's paranoia :)

15. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

So, I am going to make a quick summary:

people 5'5" and below - NO blind spots
    people 5'5" and above- MAJOR blind spots

Conclusion: I always knew it was better to be smaller :) :) :)

16. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

Indeed :) :D Finally, something good has come of it!

17. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

let me add, I never complain about leg room on the planes either :)

18. Emma

Emma New Member

Ditto.
    Like my mother always said...."Good things come in small packages."

She was right...most of the time. ;)

19. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

And yet, the Pri-i are the probably biggest cars either one of us have owned... :)

20. Emma

Emma New Member

:D