1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subjects

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by HTMLSpinnr, Feb 4, 2004.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Subjects appear to be broken in the forums. Some people are starting a sentance in the subject, and finishing in the body. Presently, it's not making sense. Any ideas Danny?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I actually took down this feature from the board today. I personally think it's easier to just read the text that is in the body of the post, as I've grown accustomed to not paying attention to the subject "header" unless I read a post and it makes no sense to me, then I'll reread it and realize there is something in the subject line.

I'll be looking into the code to take out the option of even having that line above the box you type your response into so that people won't type in a subject thinking it will show up as part of their post.

If you guys think we should leave the subjecs as they were, let me know. I just didn't see them being a necessary part of the thread and found it easier to read the posts without having to worry about paying attention to the subjects.

Of course, we're just talking about when you respond to a post - not when you're making an entire new thread, just so no one is wondering what we're talking about :)

3. tag

tag Senior Member

After the first post in a new thread, I don't believe I ever read the subject of succeeding posts. One reason is that they appear (on my screen) as white text on sort of that light greenish-gray (grayish-green?) background. I'm all for dumping it unless a lot of members are vociferously opposed.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's actually blue...at least it should look blue :)

How's that monochrome monitor working for you, Jim?

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ditto, Dump it

6. tag

tag Senior Member

Just okay...............but I like it 'cause it sort of reminds me of the ones in The Matrix.

7. tag

tag Senior Member

Also, as I recall, it wasn't monochrome at first. But I've had it quite a long time. Is it possible for some color to leak out over time?

8. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm all good with dumping it too. I use it sometimes if I'm digressing within a thread to note OT, etc. However, if it's not there, I won't use it :)

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, boo-yah, I figured out a way to take out the subject field on the Post a Reply page but leave it in on the Post a New Topic page.

That will eliminate all usage of the "Subject" for topic replies.