1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sublte Vibration like buzzing 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Britishprius, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Britishprius

Britishprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bought a brand new 2012 Prius in California - Power Toyota in Irvine. It was heavily raining so did not test drive. Package 3.
    Next day noticed that there was excessive road feel and buzzing like vibration.
    Took the car in and they noticed it too. Changed Goodyears to Yokohoma, checked suspension and tire pressure. Issue did not go away. It is subtle but constant.
    Dealership said there is nothing wrong with the car and every car drives differently. Offered to change car with me taking a hit of 5000 dollars.
    It is like driving on a stone like rough surface with a buzz like vibration.
    Other cars I test drove did not have this. Two of my friends have 10 and 11 Prius they did not have the problem. They also felt the Buzz/Vibration in my car.

Contacted Toyota who are claiming they are reveiwing the case
    Contacted a Lemon Law Lawyer and a Litigation Lawyer who are ready to go.

I mean if this is a 1000 dollar fix I can just get it done. But I am not technically savvy and dont know where the issue is coming in from.

Any Help or Guidance will be appreciated.

I did rent a prius and that also did not display this. I know the ride is not that of a lexus bit no other Prius I have driven is dispalying this charecteristics.

If I change to Micheellin or change all mounts will this go away.

Any guideance will be highly appreciated

2. Britishprius

Britishprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    car has 1100 miles

3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is it a Prius v wagon? Or the standard Prius?

4. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Number One thing is that if Toyota Corporate is reviewing this case, you should give them an opportunity to make good. It's silly to waste money on a lawyer if they haven't had a chance to respond to the problem. However, make sure you've communicated clearly to them that the noise does not occur on the other Prius cars you drove and the dealer acknowledges that this noise does not occur on his other Prius cars. That is very important. Try to contact them and let them know this if possible.

It's very important for you to have a log of the mileage when you first brought the car into the dealer with the problem, ideally in the service document from the dealer. Current mileage doesn't matter. If they do a buy-back, what matters is the mileage when you first brought the problem to their attention.

Second, this issue is a little difficult because you need to be able to assert conclusively that the vibration/buzzing is definitely different from other Prius cars. We all understand that all cars vibrate and buzz. You can't return a car because it behaves normally. You did say that it makes this noise in a way that the other cars do not make, but I advise you to be very clear in your description of the effect. You should also communicate that the amount of buzzing leads you to believe that your safety is at risk in using the vehicle.

You can read about the California Lemon Law here:
    Motor Vehicle Warranty and Lemon Law | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General
    That page describes the law. Remember always that The Law is The Law, so read it carefully. But give Toyota a chance to respond.

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You don't own a v and this has been posted in different places. Don't multiple post across different forums.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.