1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Subwoofer install instructions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Xrayman, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Xrayman

Xrayman Junior Member

Can anyone point me to subwoofer installation instructions for the Gen II Prius? I am specifically wondering how to run wiring from the head unit back to the cargo area. Haven't been able to dig up this info on my own, so any pointers would be appreciated.

FYI, I am planning to install an Infinity Basslink 10" sub. I have a 2005 Prius with the middle package (no nav, no JBL) - if my memory serves me correctly!

Thanks,
    Rick

2. Xrayman

Xrayman Junior Member

No need. The Prius is pretty easy to take apart. You just remove the runners along the doors (driver's side), the trim panel at the driver's seat belt, and the cushion along the side for the rear passenger seat (which has one bolt). The 12V power supply is easy, as others have said, b/c the 12V battery is in the trunk. Done.

3. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This. I personally did it along the passenger side because I put my sub on that side of the trunk (closer to the 12v battery), but should be the same whichever side you do. Was very nice not having to go through the firewall to get power.

4. Xrayman

Xrayman Junior Member

No kidding. I am not sure I would be up for drilling through the firewall. The Prius scores again.

I will add that I chose the driver's side b/c I wanted to be able to fold down the larger section of the rear seat for cargo space without necessarily removing the sub. The passenger side rear seat section is the larger of the two.

5. JJsCarAudio101

JJsCarAudio101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The newer Toyotas and Scions are easy to disassemble. I would suggest starting with the rear right bottom running board. Try removing this panel and analize it. See how it attaches to the car. Once you understand this concept, removing and disassembling the other parts will be easier for you.