1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Successful SKS Reset using Mangoose cable and used Keyfob registration

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MisterLas, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Wesley Phan

Wesley Phan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I successfully installed three keys (one stock and two USED keys) in my Prius. After the SKS reset, I choose the third option in the classic key registration. It would then prompt me to place the key up the ignition button, afterwards it would flash to tell me to place the key in the passenger seat and prompt me to add additional keys. I started with my original key first when I did this and my two USED keys afterwards. Everything went well and I am glad I could do this without spending so much at the dealership.

2. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That is good news. I sent for my passcode on Saturday, so the request got lost in the shuffle over the weekend. I'll get this done and report back as soon as I can, but it may be later this week now.
    Ron

3. Simonak

Simonak Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I now have all software and cables and pass code generator but it require a usb key code to work.
    Anyone have any experience if it work? They are selling for 220-300$ tho and I dont need it right now because I
    payed for the response when I was doing my fobs.

4. Wesley Phan

Wesley Phan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I didn't use a USB key code, I am not sure what that is. I simply used the pass code calculation link from the OP. That site works out just fine, they sent me the code within 15 minutes, however I did this during the weekday.

5. Wesley Phan

Wesley Phan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you looking into adding a lot of keys? That software can be used multiple times for different vehicles. From the looks of it, the software is on the USB and you will need the USB all the time to run the calculator.

6. Simonak

Simonak Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I dont need it and if I cant get the investment back Im not gonna get it right now.
    I have the software right now but it need the usb to verify the software key.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Nice to know what I have to look forward too if I run a fob through the laundry...

I really think manufacturers have lost all perspective: the complexity of key replacement eclipses the TPMS for cruel complexity.

8. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That's only if you want to use already programmed keys.

Adding and subtracting NEW and NEVER USED keys is really simple and easy.

New Smart Key Programmed on a 2013 Plugin Prius for $115.00 | PriusChat

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  9. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks to the holiday, I was actually home before 1AM Lithuania time. I got my code a few minutes ago, did the reset, and then registered my keys.
    It all works.
    Thanx for everyone's help.

Ron

10. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Labor Day is NOT Monday in September in Lithuania.

Labor Day there is May 1 or May Day.

11. rcubed3r

rcubed3r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanx to our holiday in the USA is what I was implying. I was home because the USA has a holiday, but it was normal business hours in Lithuania as far as I knew.

12. MTL_hihy

MTL_hihy Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great info, so do i take it you did not need to buy an additional seed code as long as you used your stock key initially to authorize the process?

13. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

Absolutely! That's HOW I did it.

14. CaiYanzhang

CaiYanzhang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Three
    I got the software v10.00.028
    latest update 02/03/2015
    software link, pm me

15. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    seed code calculators are not all uptodate yet so avoide updating techstream to version 10
    the code i gives you wont work on the sites that give you the code.

I had to downgrade to v9.3
    if anyone needs the code I should be able to get it for 12.50$ pm me.

16. jmkinny

jmkinny New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I was not so lucky. I have a new 2015 Highlander Hybrid. The dealer quoted me $400 for an extra key. I bought the cable from Amazon and had no problems loading it and connecting to my car. I bought a USED ebay fob before I knew that used ones could not be easily added. Sure enough, I couldn't add it. I bought another ebay fob, this time advertised as NEW. It wouldn't add either. So, I took the next step of buying a reset code (from weboctopus.nl). I liked their model better than sigmabit.eu because it is automated online. You get the code instantly. The code work so far as I was able to reset the immobilizer, but when it came to the step of registering the keys, the ebay NEW and USED keys would not register. Only the original two keys would work. The seller of the NEW key is willing to send me another NEW fob to try. We will see what happens next week. I am wondering if Toyota changed something with the 2015 models.

carslover333 likes this.
  17. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to absolutely sure, you'd buy one from an online genuineToyota dealer like I did. I savings of about $30 is NOT worth the hassle.

If you need an insert, there is a PriasChat member who makes them for $16.95 delivered. All you need is the original key code.

18. doctorman

doctorman Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    any good FOB can be installed
    do not give up
    Be patinent and note what you have done so you can review what went wrong

for USED FOB each needs a Reset key
    and each time you have to install the Used FOB first then your original old ones

I have 3 reset codes for sale if anyoe needs them too

19. jmkinny

jmkinny New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not sure what you mean by this. If I have two used keys that I want to install, you mean that I have to go through the reset procedure twice? I did start with the supposedly new key, but as the timer got low, I quickly switched over to one of my originals. That gave me another 30 seconds to do another one, so I did my other master before going back to try the ebay keys. The timer ran out without success.

I have four more reset tokens. I can try again, but I don't know what I would do differently. If the timer runs out when trying to get the used key registered, can you still go back and re-register your original masters? I didn't want to take the chance, so I only held the used fob to the button for about 20 seconds.