1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sudden drop in mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by momto4girls, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Congrats on your retirement. I dont even know what Excel is! :ROFLMAO: And retirement is overrated. ;) I'm going on 10 years... When does the FUN start??? I hope I dont end up like bisco, with ONE MILLION POSTS. :LOL:

Somebody said that spending so much time on Priuschat is bad for your health. Thats very possible, if a person NEVER gets out of the house for some exercise! Some guys never seem to log off. :eek: I at least go for a daily drive. Take the Starship down to the beach. Enjoy some peace.

Back to my Jack Daniel's on the rocks. ;) Great for back pain.

*Warning* I may be "drunk posting." o_O:confused::D

RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Well, it's an interesting study in psychology. :) All the MPG charting, logging, and spreadaheets that some people do. I just simply glance at the ODO on the dashboard. :LOL:

Are you a mathematical savant? Kind of reminds me of Ben Affleck in that movie " The Accountant." :D
    Take care, Enjoy retirement.

krmcg and RCO like this.
  3. Scara36

Scara36 New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone from this post still following it?? My 2017 had a sudden drop in mpg too but none of the suggestions y’all made were the problem. I’ve done manual calculations too and yes it’s a dramatic drop (10mpg!). Dealership has been more hassle than help.

4. Mark Carnahan

Mark Carnahan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My biggest changes have occurred with weather changes. I bought it in winter and got mid 50's. Once spring came around it went up to mid 60's. Summer happened and it's back to 50's again. Fall and it was back to 60's. Repeat. The car seems to be like me, it doesn't like it too hot or too cold.