1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

suggestion for link on home page?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by plusaf, Feb 15, 2004.

1. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ........hmmmmm....... better not use any emoticons here....

may i make the suggestion to put a link or jump to the online Chat Room into the "Board Navigation" box on the home page?
    cheers!
    +af

2. Dianne

Dianne New Member

That chatroom box needs resizing, and fixing! Idle time need to go to 120 mins, and it's not unbuggy! Reach me and I will explain! Not 'nuff room for enough text - er, prolific chat words!

3. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yep, that, too! the AOL IM window is a good model to try, imho.
    i kept timing out in the chatroom, and blank areas appearing... that might be a function of the open-source s/w... :)
    but adding a chatroom link to either the upper left box on the home page, or into the list along the top would be slick.

of course... if any of that is available to tweak by the owners....
    i've just left an alumni club that tried to do a similar third-party s/w replacement for Yahoo Groups, and it was a nightmare... probably because the source code was in some Indian dialect [and i don't mean native american, either, no offense to anyone...], and the summer student who wrote it went back to school, leaving undocumented source code for some unsusptecting victims to struggle with. we fought the horizontal scrollbars, as customers of this outfit, for months as we watched and waited for them to try to fix it. in the end, we terminated the contract.

phpBB is really slick in comparison!