1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestion for streaming upgrade for Gen2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Another, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just an FYI
    I like the 2007 Prius with JBL audio but hated having to use the antiquated AUX plug in cable. I looked around for a Bluetooth alternative and came across this one.

There are cheaper alternatives but this one is not only high quality audio but also has great RFI noise suppression. It cohabitates perfectly with the cellphone BT.
    Allows me to stream free live radio or Pandora on long trips as most cellphone plans have unlimited data these days even if the data is slowed after some quota.
    It’s about $40 so no big expense. Great alternative to Sirius having to pay per month.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The bezos image or link isn't posting for me, is there a model #, SKU, or a description that you could copy and paste.

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi sorry about that

You can go to Amazon and search for the device model number
    TF002C-SC-1A

TUNAI Firefly LDAC Bluetooth Receiver: High Resolution Wireless Audio Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter with Audiophile USB DAC 3.5mm AUX for Car/Home Stereo Hi Res Music Streaming; Auto On, No Charging Needed

SFO likes this.
  4. Toddwilks

Toddwilks Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don’t see how you would use this without a USB port. This is what I use. It’s hard wired so no worry about distortion or noise

Yatour Bluetooth Car Adapter Music CD Changer 6+6PIN CDC Connector for Toyota/Lexus

iPhone ?

5. Toddwilks

Toddwilks Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  6. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think that’s for modems without any Bluetooth at all. What I was describing was a secondary Bluetooth receiver that allows for cable-free AUX audio input. My 2007 Gen2 has Bluetooth for phone just not streaming which I think Toyota added a year or two later.

7. Toddwilks

Toddwilks Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My 09 has Bluetooth as well and I inky use this to stream music and it works fine.

iPhone ?

8. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Glad it worked for you. Looked like overkill to me when I saw the included microphone. If your car already has Bluetooth for phone, no need for microphone. Also the firefly is only $40 and has RFI noise reduction. Also supposed to have higher fidelity sound.

9. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In the console, there is a cigarette lighter port immediately next to the AUX port. You just need to buy a $2 usb 5v cigarette lighter adapter for power and connect the FireFly to the 5v and the AUX port. Takes 30 seconds. Then pair the phone Bluetooth to the Firefly once. The device automatically reconnects to the phone when power is restored each time you use the car. Additionally one nice feature is that you can pair more than one phone to the device so multiple people in the car can take turns to stream their music or podcasts. Its noise reduction circuits eliminate all RFI from other sources. Quite a sophisticated device for $40.