1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestion to Toyota engineers: Glide mode button on steering wheel

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by PriusCinBlack, May 7, 2012.

1. briank101

briank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I did the modification I spoke of in my post, 1 post ago, and just went on 2 short test drives, and it appears to work as expected, I now have no regen when I release at most speeds, but for some reason I have a hair of regen when the speeds are below 20 mph. It's right on the regen/ev border. I made the shims by cutting strips of the stiff plastic that packages most hardware items nowadays. I found the thickness of 6 strips cascaded did the trick. The only other thing I noticed was when I shifted into reverse there was a small increase vehicle speed and hence the brakes had to be applied a little more, but going forward I did not notice this tendency. But now I hope I can keep my eyes off the HSD indicator when taking my foot off the go pedal. The one thing I hope is that when I am at a stop with the brake applied that there is no forward motive force using the battery juice. Actually I just realized if the brake is applied forward force does not occur anyway, so that's good. I will try to continue to update .....