1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestions Please: Maintenance @ 9 year / 69K Miles

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by BK.NYC.55, Nov 18, 2021.

1. BK.NYC.55

BK.NYC.55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello Prius People -

I have a 2013 (base model) Prius that has 69,000 miles on it. A lot of those miles have been city driving. The car is doing well - no obvious problems. What should I have checked or be on the lookout for? For example - the main battery?

Thanks for your help!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nothing really. i would just follow the maintenance guide. you may want to consider the special duty cycle due to the city driving. it will decrease the miles/months between services.

other than that, do a load test on the 12v, change the tranny fluid, and clean the egr circuit before you blow a head gasket.

all the best!(y)

3. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I would replace the brake fluid if older than 3 years and the 12v battery if it is the original. I assume you change the air and cabin filters regularly.

At 10 years, engine and inverter coolant. Optionally replace the lifetime WS transaxle fluid and clean the hybrid fan.