1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SULEV list?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gerko2008east, Jan 10, 2016.

1. gerko2008east

gerko2008east Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does anyone know where I can find a current list of super ultra-low emission vehicles to which I could transfer my gen II clean special fuel VA plates when I replace my 2008 Prius, now in 2016? Thanks.

I asked the VA DMV this question on its FB page and got this brilliant answer:

Good morning Alex. We no longer publish a list of qualifying vehicles by make and year however, you may contact the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality at 703-583-3900 or toll-free in Virginia at 1-800-275-3844 for more information on qualifying vehicles. Here is a link to more information available on our website regarding qualification criteria based on clean special fuels: [link not yet allowed] (click on "How to Qualify") Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks so much.
    Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
    Welcome to the official site of the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, with quick access to driver and vehicle online transactions and information.
    DMV.VIRGINIA.GOV​

So the link that others provided in previous posts to the DMV page that lists qualifying vehicles is dead.

#1 gerko2008east, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It appears that the DMV page lists the following types of vehicles as SULEV vehicles. It is a shame they don't continue updating this list, since it would really stink if someone replaces their hybrid with the older CF plates and loses the plates because their replacement vehicle doesn't qualify in the eyes of the VA DEQ. Here is the page I found this on. Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Qualification Criteria
    Your vehicle must be exclusively powered by a clean special fuel in order to qualify for this plate. Flexible fuel vehicle engines that do not utilize only a clean special fuel DO NOT qualify for the plates.

The following types of fuels qualify a vehicle for clean special fuel plates:

• Compressed Natural Gas
    • Electricity
    • Ethane
    • Hybrid Gasoline/Electric
    • Hydrogen
    • Hythane
    • Liquefied Natural Gas
    • Liquefied Petroleum Gas
    • Methane
    • Solar
    • Combination of two types of clean special fuels
    NOTE: DMV is no longer publishing a list of qualifying vehicles by make and year.

3. gerko2008east

gerko2008east Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. That's what I remember reading where they said they don't publish a list of cars anymore. I railed into them on their FB page for this.