1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Summer Hybrid Mode MPG

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I inflated tires on Gen3 as high as 46psi on aftermarket tires with 51psi max cold pressure rating in the hope to improve the fuel efficiency. I also tried on my PRIME on OEM tires as well. But in the end, I did not find noticeable differences in everyday mpg.

I now try to pump mine at 38 psi cold all around on my PRIME. But honestly, as long as they are slightly above 36psi I don't care much. When I pump and adjust tire pressure, as soon as I remove the inflator, they are slightly different anyway. Plus, in my climate, cold tire pressure in a morning is almost 4 psi lower than afternoon cold tire pressure just from ambient temperature differences.

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 9.33.31 AM.png

Tideland Prius and Tips like this.
  2. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    IMG_3423.jpg

It’s been unseasonably hot in London, UK, for the past week or two. It’s reflected in my last fill up.

Here’s me breaking my own MPG record on my 2nd Gen 2008 Prius Tspirit.

I could probably get to 250 miles on my last bar of fuel, but that would be “fuelish” of me, so I won’t - I’ll refuel tomorrow morning.

I didn’t think this was possible in a 12 year old Toyota Hybrid...!!!!

iPhone 6s +

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's amazing! Our Gen 2 had a rubber bladder so there was no way I can come even close to that. IIRC, the best I could do is in the neighbourhood of 700 kilometres.

Data Daedalus likes this.