1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sun Visors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by drmanny3, Apr 1, 2005.

1. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

My Wife really does not like the sun visors that come with the 05 Prius. She wishes that they would extend so that when she trys to block out the sun from coming in the side passenger window they would work. Has anyone out there replaced theirs or added to them to improve their ability to block the sun coming in either from the passenger or driver window??

Manny

2. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

Thank you for the response. I will check them out. They certainly are inexpensive.

Manny

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The reason they are so short is because of the side curtain airbags. Same reason the owner's manual tells you not to keep your hand out the window (guilty as charged). If you have the visor sideways, and the airbags deploy, it could seriously smack you upside the head, causing serious head trauma.

5. Scott the fix it guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Manny,

I built a sun-visor extender:
    Being 6'4" I need to put my driver seat all the way back. Then the sun whacks me from the side during the morning and afternoon. The sun-visor only blocks 70% of the area where the sun cooks me, so I made a visor that I've used for the past 7 years that works great. Here is a video on how to make the visor extension:
    Its pretty easy.