1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Super White vs. Moonglow

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Dorian7, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi All,

I am excited to say that I have a Moonglow C2 on order that should be arriving in about 2 weeks. I am a little nervous about the color. I absolutely LOVE the blizzard pearl of the regular Pruis and the moonglow looks pretty promising. What do those of you that have seen them think? I am a big fan of white in general but hope the moonglow looks sporty still!

2. akh02

akh02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It almost always appears white, a slightly warmer shade than basic white but that's only apparent when parked immediately next to a regular white car. However, it does sparkle with a greenish tint under the right light. It's a nice little surprise when the sun comes out or you park under flourescent lights. On an overcast day you'll be hard pressed to find even a hint of sparkle even with your nose to the paint. If you like white cars but wanted a little something extra you'll be pleased with your choice.

3. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have seen the Moonglow up close and it is the coolest white I have ever seen. It has a sparkle to it and when you look at it certain ways, you see the green shimmer that it has. Very nice!

4. X HCH2

X HCH2 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, I just got my moonglow last week, and I had never even seen one. I thought it might be that Lexus pearl you see sometimes, but it's not pearl at all.
    It is a little warmer white than the super white, but like the others said it has a very fine metallic flake in it that you can see if you get close. In certain lights there is a green sparkle. Weird, but I like it.
    JD

5. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cool, well thanks for the replies. In the past most of my cars have been similar to the Super White color so I am a little hesitant to go for Moonglow but I LOVE the blizzard pears so I am hoping it has a similar impression on me. I plan on putting some black wheels on it and tinting the windows and just want to make sure it's not going to look ridiculous with the paint.

6. akh02

akh02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just don't expect it to look like the pearl and you'll be happy. It's white, but the subtle shimmer does make it special. It'll look great with tinting.

7. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sweet, sounds like I will be happy. I don't want it to be very pearly, I am just afraid of it looking like the Glacier Frost Mica on Lexus. You know, almost like a mary-kay color.

8. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hate to phrase it but I just don't want it if it's a "girly" color. Do people think of it like that?

9. akh02

akh02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Not unless white is also a girly color. Like I said, most of the time it just looks white.

10. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wth is a "girly" color??

it's some fictional meaning that stupid people made up to be able to use to taunt and put down other people... sounds completely idiotic.. and probably only used by people who really don't have anything better to do.. and by people trying to compensate for something... and i would assume used more by males as a derogatory term.

oh yea? how about i say i do have a "girly car".. because you tried to put me down and stating that.... and further respond with how females love being inside it.. and furthermore... state how much your gf/mom/sister liked me giving them a ride.

11. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry, if I offended you. I was not saying it to be derogatory, just to see the general opinion. There are some colors that just don't seem that appealing to males in general...

[​IMG]

12. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    there was no offense taken... though I personally don't find it amusing for people to use that phrase in a derogatory manner.. and to top it off.. have people (like you).. actually condone the thing (since you brought it up in the first place)

btw.. i've seen some pretty badass pink colored vehicles owned by males... some that would crush others on the track and/or at car shows... so no.. i still don't believe in anything that could be construed as a "girly" color.

in general.. perhaps.. from a statistical standpoint certain colors might appeal to one gender vs the other... however.. defining something as only belonging to one gender and not the other... should not happen. it just isn't logical... and it creates drama and conflict.

perhaps the general male population needs to just STFU and grow some balls... and in the meantime... not putting down others because theirs are smaller.. ha... and then there are the females who like "manly" stuff.. like seriously... umm.. no.. that can cause even more issues..

ftl likes this.
  13. davide

davide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I will be ordering either a Moonglow or Super White...and like what I read about the Moonglow...but I'm thinking that if I get into a fender-bender, would my independent body shop (I've liked their work over the years) be able to truly match the Moonglow paint? (I'm sure they'd say, "No problem.") Maybe they could order the genuine Toyota Moonglow paint from a dealer.
    Any opinions/experiences out there on this?

14. R11

R11 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yikes!.... What happened man? Did someone happen to say your Habanero Orange C looked like a Girly Car or something? You sound like you've got some deep emotional scarring going on there or something :D

ron

15. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Squall, I think you know that I don't usually appreciate your tone around here, but I certainly appreciate that someone on these forums hates gendered nonsense as much as I do. Colors are colors, nothing more, nothing less. You are allowed to not like pink, of course, but I certainly hope there's a better reason than it being a color (currently, in our culture) associate with girls.

Dorian, get the color you like, and **** what everyone else thinks.

16. SquallLHeart

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    yea.. i do realize my tone can be a little blunt, but i do it to get my points across as best i know. i never mean to offend anyone (and i hope you know that as well)

and R11, no one has called my color nor my vehicle "girly".. but it's happened too many times where i see someone.. (and it's pretty much ALWAYS a guy).. questioning whether or not something is "girly" or if a vehicle is a "girl's car"..

like seriously?? it is complete and utter nonsense. the whole gender association seems to stem and cultivate around males who take offense when some other person questions their masculinity.. males do it to each other primarily.. i guess to.. i do not know.. show off? to.. feel more important? be the bigger man?? um.. Wth? who cares..

how about a fairly more recent topic in society? bronies.

back to topic.. the Moonglow looks really damn good. it's pretty much white, but the greenish flake that's in it is only seen under the right lighting conditions. it's white... but not a flat white like the Super White is. I'm sure you'll like it.

Redcap32 and ftl like this.