1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Superbowl Pathetic GM commercial

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hill, Feb 4, 2007.

1. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I finally remembered where I'd seen that robot before -- Luxo, Jr. Luxo, Jr was an early short by Pixar, quite groundbreaking and a big hit at the CGI conventions. It used to be a freebie on ITMS. Wonder if they used the same models?

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Feb 7 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]386635[/snapback]</div>
    I thought that Luxo was a desk lamp...? Ohhhh, I see, you're referring to how it was produced...nevermind...

3. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    As far as current GM commercials go, Cadillac's been using some pretty good music in their's. I particularly like the most recent one showing old Cadillacs to the tune of Iggy Pop's I'm a Punk Rocker. While it doesn't really make me want to go out and buy a new Cadillac, it certainly makes me want to go out and buy an old one.

Some of my favorite car commercials from past years also effectively used music, such as the Nissan 300ZX commercial with GI Joe and Barbie in a toy 300ZX to the tune of Van Halen's You Really Got Me, or the old VW GTI commercial with three cars racing around a closed racetrack while a German version of Ronnie and the Daytona's Little GTO plays in the background:

<blockquote>"Kleiner GTI
    Du siehst prima aus
    Ich liebe, dich zu fahren
    Hol’ die leistrung ‘raus
    Hör nur, wie er sich anlasst
    Steck’ den schlussel ‘rein
    Er ist bereit zum start
    Wie er braust
    Wie er saust, GTI.

Werde bargeld, sparen
    Kauf’ den GTI
    Er fahrt mit mir lassig
    An den andren vorbei,
    Uberholt benzinfresser
    Macht mir spass dabei
    Und jedermann sagt sich dann bloss,
    “Kleiner wagen-du bist grossâ€
    Er ist bereit zum start
    Wie er braust
    Wie er saust, GTI.
    Wah wah… wah wah wah wah wah….
    "</blockquote>And in English:

<blockquote>"Little GTI
    Well, you look so fine
    How I love to drive you
    Let the performance shine
    Listen when I start it
    Stick the key in the ignition
    And it’s ready to go
    How it zips
    How it zooms, GTI.

I’ll save up some money
    Buy a GTI
    ’Cause it drives so easy
    Past the other cars
    Passes all the gas-hogs
    Makes me smile a while
    And everyone thinks to themselves
    “Little car - you’re grandâ€
    It’s always ready to go
    How it zips
    How it zooms, GTI.
    Wah wah… wah wah wah wah wah….
    "</blockquote>

4. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RonH @ Feb 6 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]386594[/snapback]</div>
    One of my dogs seemingly loves to watch tv (unfortunately, like "father" like son). He always recognizes other dogs, even if they are of the cartoon variety, regardless of whether or not they are barking. The bizarre thing is that when the tv viewing dog begins to bark and jump at the tv, the other dog runs around and barks but seems completely unable to see what is on the television. Bizarre.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Feb 7 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]386677[/snapback]</div>
    I, too, love this cadillac commercial. I think it is just the music, but the imagery is also very nice. I don't want to buy a cadillac either, but I do enjoy the commercial.

VW always turns out great ads. They, or their ad agency, have a real knack for choosing great music (Richard Buckner's Ariel Ramirez comes to mind). I also thoroughly enjoy their semi-recent spots featuring the German engineer whom "unpimps ze auto." This is a great mockery of the "Pimp My Ride" nonsense.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Turn it on
    Wind it out
    Blow it up

GTI!

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I liked the Toyota commercial. My family is filled with general contractors. They all drive F350's. They understand how hard it is to accelerate and stop with heavy loads. My family also consist of guys who like to carry around 5 tons of weight.

I can appreciate the points that they were broadcasting in their commercial.

there have been times where my father warns " that heavy load will push you. It can push you through stop lights and other cars " He doesn't really have this problem with his F350 dually as much. With an extra two tires to grip, you tend to stop faster.

Our rx400h still 4x4s better than his f350 ever can.