1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Supply assembly, brake control power

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by OklahomaMike, Nov 15, 2017.

1. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My car was rear ended, hit and run, and after a terrible body repair job I drove it for a week and discovered inches of water on the spare tire! They had left holes in the tire and storage area I have sealed them off. Now the black box that say Supply assembly break control power is smashed up and taped back together. Can I just order another one used off of eBay, un plug it and plug another one in? This hit and run has been a nightmare for us! Thanks for any help. IMG_0775.JPG

2. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The body shop took 10 weeks to repair it,allowed to hybrid battery to drain to nothing causing us to have to replace it. Then it stops on me in the middle of town with all types of warnings. I had it towed to my. Machanic and they told me there was water in the back end and got it running. A week later I check and there are several holes where any splash can seep in! Well I have them all siliconed closed but the power box is just hanging in there taped together.i am sure one good bounce and it wlll short out. I am NOT mechanically inclined but if I can order a new one and install it I will feel much better.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    yes, all gen 2 are the same. is there no liability for the body shop or insurance co.?

be careful, i think that box is a capacitor with high voltage, even with everything disconnected.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thebody shop didn’t a really bad job I can see the floor of the hatch is buckled too.

But you may have the water in the hatch caused by the holes kinda backwards. Those are drain holes usually plugged by rubber plugs.
    The only way they would let water in is if the car sat in water higher than
    The bottom of the car. The water from rain is probably coming in from cracks or poor fitting rear lamps or the very common cracks in the upper hatch area wher the rear quarter panel meets the roof. You can look in the hatch top corner valleys and you can see a seam where Toyota spot welded the roof to the hatch/quarter panel. Very common water leak there as that seam opens up. Water pours in through there.
    So my point is you may be better off unplugging thos3 drain holes. There’s a big one under the tire and there is 2 in the battery well.

Inspect that hatch area carefully for a while to see if I’m right.

5. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had liability coverage, in case I did something wrong expecting if someone hit me they would be responsible. Hit and run took care of that. I might be able to take it back to the body shop, but when we finally after 10 weeks got it back I don't want to turn it back over to them. The holes were along the seams not the ones designed to drain, but the water could be coming from the hatch. There is one seam that is cracked and I need to seal it. Now that I have sealed the seams I will look higher. It is the damaged box that has me scared and I found a used one on eBay but I did not know if I could just un plug the old one and plug it in the replacement. I suppose I would need to take the neg and pos cables off the battery when I did that? Can I run the car day by day with the drain plugs under the tire removed? There was several inches of water there. Right now I have a tarp over the car at night or when it rains. I am lucky to have a second vehicle.LOL reminds me of my motorcycle days!

bisco likes this.
  6. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  7. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    there were several spots where the seam was split. But I have patched them up. And now will check often to see if water is leaking. We love our car and i put 60 to 100 miles a day in it. we found a mechanic that replaced the main battery and in checking out the car fixed brakes and things so now it drives better than ever.

bisco likes this.
  8. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes I have both drain plugs removed for years now in my G2.

But the monkey wrench is the Prius is very attractive to mice they find the wiring tasty so if you do not garage the car I would not leave the plugs out. I garage mine. I have the big plug under the tire out but have some tape covering most of the hole and left a little drip hole. The smaller plug in the front side of the battery well has been out for a few years.

And that box is the Brake Power Control Assy. It's a back up booster for the brakes. Its just a 12 volt box. Nothing scary there just unplug it and plug in new used one.

And lastly if you had liability on the car they should fix it in a hit in run. I called my Insurance Progressive and checked and I am covered but must pay my deductible on body /collision repair. So maybe the bodyshop work was cheaper than your deductible.

9. OklahomaMike

OklahomaMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for all your help. I went to a you pull it yard today. The 2 cars they had were pretty picked over.i open the passenger door just to check out the interior and there laying on the floor was the unit! Brought it home and yes it was simple! And it works! Tomorrow I will start on cleaning and checking the hatch. This car is important for us to be able to get around, getting our grandson back and forth to school. We have a drissle in the weather forecast and I will check when I get home to see if I take on water. At least now I know to look! Thanks again for all your help. BTW it was the first time for me to go pull something off of at a auto yard. While I was there I looked for a new dash and seats for my truck but everyone I saw was in the same or worse shape as mine. LOL

edthefox5, Prodigyplace and bisco like this.
  10. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Cool. Yeah G2's are pretty picked apart. Alot of DIY'ers out there.