1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Support Thread for Speed Lock Override sold in the PC Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by cproaudio, Oct 8, 2011.

?
  1. Yes I want to bypass that damn speed lock.

87.6%
  2. No, It'll be worst than texting while driving.

1.2%
  3. No, but I still wanna see how it's done.

10.3%
  4. I don't see a reason listed so I'll list mine own.

0.9%
  1. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks! I was looking for the side effects, and the service menu setting is entirely harmless, though I did not think of it.

Agree, any change at the head unit (grounding Park, 12v to reverse, VSS interception etc.) has to be localized to the head unit without any reverse propagation.

2. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    A quick question for those of you who've done audio mods like the nav override.

Do you disconnect the 12V battery prior to installing mods? If so, any issues in reconnecting it, or do you add a trickle charger before disconnecting the 12V battery so that the various ECUs still receive 12V?

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    there's no need to disconnect the battery.

4. mid jersey

mid jersey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In my previous car (Honda Accord), I changed the stereo, front speakers and headlights without bothering to disconnect the battery. Good to know that the same can be done in the Prius. However, I think installing an amp will require disconnecting it, especially if a new grounding strap is to be installed. I was curious to know if anyone had used a trickle charger/battery maintainer to maintain system memory in this case.

Thanks.

5. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Using a trickle charger defeats the purpose of disconnecting the battery. The purpose of disconnecting the battery is to remove all power source in the vehicle. The power connection is at the cigarette lighter. When you power down the Prius, it removes power from the cigarette lighter as well. This is why it's not necessary to disconnect the battery when installing the override.

6. Joe Augenbraun

Joe Augenbraun New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just finished installing the bypass in my 2012 Plug-in-Prius base model, and SUCCESS (I think). The one difference from the install instructions is that in the post-installation test, mine never seems to stop bypassing when it's in bypass mode, the instructions say that it should stop after something greater than 2 minutes. Maybe it's a PIP difference.

For the installation instructions, the wire next to the purple wire that needed to be cut was yellow in my PIP, whereas in cpraudio's pictures it was orange. Made me double, triple, and quadruple check that my purple wire was the same as the purple wire in a regular 2012. If they changed the color of one wire, who knows what other wires they changed the color of. But the purple wire is still the right one.

- Joe

7. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. The bypass should continue to work as long as it's on. If it stops working, while the switch is on, after about a minute then there's something wrong with the installation. You can keep it on for hours. but I don't recommend it. The override is meant for you to be-able to access the grayed out buttons while in motion for the duration required to do the things you need to do. Once you've finished with the touch screen, you should turn it off.
    VSS has been known to change colors but the pin position stays the same. For 2010-2012 regular Prius is Purple. anewhouse discovered that the Prius V uses light blue wire for VSS instead of violet. See his installation instruction for reference. I believe the C also uses blue for VSS. However, they are all on pin #17 of the 28 pin plug. Here's another reference to the VSS wire on a Camry. It's still pin 17 of the 28pin plug. Found 2012 Camry Audio/Video Input! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums On the Camry, it's still the violet wire.
    Also, thank you for purchasing the bypass from me through the Priuschat Shop.

8. Smith-Krenning

Smith-Krenning Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Are there any illustrations or installation instructions for the Prius C? The V1 kit is supposed to work with it however I cannot find the instructions.

9. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There is no dashboard tear down instruction for the C at the moment. However the VSS wire is still at pin 17 of 28 pin plug. The color is blue like the Prius v instead of violet like the regular Prius. The switch fits in to the blank spots in on the center console next to EV and ECO buttons perfectly.

10. Smith-Krenning

Smith-Krenning Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If I build up the guts to go at this without a tear down guide, I will do my best to snap photos as I go and sent that to you or post it. I just hate tearing a dash apart when the car has less than 1000 miles on it. We're getting ready to head out on a 2500 mile trip and I need to keep my wife's nerves in check. Disabled Navigation units might just send her over the top. :unsure:

11. Chris Hanson

Chris Hanson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I may have missed it, but is there a schematic available for the v3v version?

12. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are no schematic available for any versions of the bypass. Can't update the OP but here's the current stock level.
    Stock Level - Updated 10/08/2012
    V1 -------- 1 immediate shipping + 11 coming soon.
    V1V ------- 6 immediate shipping.
    V3 -------- 12 immediate shipping, Final Stock. Once sold out, they're pretty much gone forever.
    V3V ------ 3 Reserved, availability TBA

13. lparker

lparker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd like to order a V1 for my 2007 Prius, but can/will you ship to Canada? Seems the PC Shop link will only allow US addresses.

14. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You're better off with lockpick than with mine bypass. Lockpick for Gen II is plug and play and it goes to the map screen automatically.

15. Habiru

Habiru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    2012 prius III took me 50 mins including test drive. Instructions were easy to follow. If you have wire cutters, rachet set with long extension, youtube on your tablet, electrical tape, pliers, light & you don't lose your bolts pretty simple job. No need to remove the glovebox or even unplug the whole headunit.

16. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Will this work on PiP so that my passanger can check sports scores while driving?

17. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It replicates 0-1MPH so whatever you can do at that speed, the bypass can do.

18. lparker

lparker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The NAV software in my Prius has been upgraded, so no I Agree screen anymore. Plus to get the bluetooth menu, mp3 menu and address entry from Coastals Lockpick series, I have to buy the ultimate 3+ for $300... Not worth it in my opinion.

19. cproaudio

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am currently sold out and don't have anymore to ship. You can continue to order on Priuschat Shop. I will ship them out as soon as I make some more. Lead time is about 4 to 8 weeks from today (11/11/2012) Sorry for the inconvenience.

20. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    2012 PiP owners, FYI - this year's PiP harness wires are just like the 2012 Gen III hatchback described in CPROAudio's PDF instructions, i.e. the VSS wire is purple and lives in slot #17 of the 28-pin head unit plug. I just installed mine. BTW, it was easier to just unplug all the head unit (radio+CD) plugs and take the radio out altogether than to keep the thing balanced while I connected the wires, as the radio+CD box is fairly heavy.