1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Support War on Terror, Drive a Hummer ?!?!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Dan., May 7, 2007.

1. Dan.

Dan. MPG Centurion

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got this in my google Alerts this morning.... Haven't stopped laughing. These guys are on a Support your troops, fight Terrorism campain driving a Hummer.

Normally I wouldn't comment on it, but he actually posted the pictures on an Anti-Prius thread, so.... It's on!

For the Novice reader...

1) Cars take gas.
    2) Gas comes from oil.
    3) Some oil (half) comes from the Middle East.
    4) This imported oil adds revenue to Middle East oil producing countries, some hostile to the US.
    5) Some of this money goes to tithing (gifting 10% of your money to your Religion).
    6) Some of the tithing goes to radical/hostile schools.
    7) Some of these students of radical/hostile schools become terrorist.

So assuming small percentages all the way down the chain, about a nickel a tank goes directly into the chauffeurs of a terrorist. So if you fill your car twice a week, that nets $5 to a terrorist (number is probably much bigger).

So in the end, Driving a car for a year is the same as buying a Terrorist Lunch. Question is, how big of a lunch do you buy?

For the Hummer Driver... It's a Steak Dinner with Mash potatoes and gravy (lots of energy to fight troops). For a Prius driver, it's a spoonful of rice.

Source for connect the dots: http://www.hybridcarblog.com/2007/05/forme...-americans.html

[​IMG]

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People are crazy.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This brings to mind all the giant SUVs around my area that sport "Keep Tahoe Blue" stickers. They want Tahoe to stay clear and clean, you see, so they can tow their motorboats up there and enjoy all the natural beauty that the lake has to offer.

Hypocracy? Maybe a little!

4. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Since there are so many cat avitars, a lot of you probably understand even housecats retain some of the behavior their ancestors had in the wild. I've come to the sad conclusion people on the freeway also act feral. :( Feral cats often gain power by trying to look taller, bigger, or more threatening - as most wild animals. They are also looking out strictly for themselves (except the momcats).

We are supposed to be civilized, going from Point A to Point B. Obviously, many drivers see driving in a tribal or feral mode to validate their worth. Interestingly enough this Monday morning, I saw two crashed cars beside the freeway.

5. ozyran

ozyran New Member

:lol:

That reminds me of the "Environmental Police" I saw driving down I-91 in Mass today. They were driving - surprise, surprise - a Ford F-150 Ext. Cab Long Bed 4x4!

I just shook my head as they accelerated past me and I thought, 'Ok, you need to cite yourselves for consuming too much gasoline. Then, you need to give yourselves another citation for excessive hydrocarbo production for all that throttle you used just to pass me...'

6. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 7 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]436867[/snapback]</div>
    The Virginia equivalent is the Expedition with a Save the Bay sticker (from the Chespeake Bay Foundation). Air pollution is one of the main sources of the excess nitrogen pollution in the Chespeake.

And don't even get me started on great big 2 stroke outboards. Injecting oil-laden exhaust directly into the water is an almost unbelievably filthy mode of transportation relative to (e.g.) driving your Tahoe down the road. The US is in the process of requiring all new outboards to be 4stroke (might even have happened by now), but it'll be decades before those 2 stroke are out of most of our waters.

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chogan @ May 8 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]437631[/snapback]</div>
    That's why I sail instead of power boating. It's more interesting too! :D

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Reminds me of a comic from Tom the Dancing Bug...

[​IMG]

9. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ May 8 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]437719[/snapback]</div>
    And why I kayak!

[​IMG]

10. douglas001001

douglas001001 smug doug

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    well the more hummers that people buy is the more they produce.. which lowers costs on the ones they sell to the government through economies of scale

so although stupid and wrong and resulting in a negative impact... they could in a way have a point.

11. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 7 2007, 07:52 AM) [snapback]436867[/snapback]</div>
    You got a word confused. You want "hypocrisy".

"Hypocracy" is the form of government we live under. B)