1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Survey from Corporate locks up asks for PIN

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cycledrum, May 17, 2015.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I get a survey from Toyota Corporate 'Tell us what you really think about your Prius' . Came in email box.

Seriously? They are asking me all about the car now? Six F*ing years ago the car was introduced, they are asking all about how I like it? WHAT A JOKE.

Then I finish a page, try to go to next, locks up and aks for PIN to login. Asking all sorts of things, about every aspect of the car. Really? Now that a 4th gen Prius is supposed to arrive in 6 months? Why ask about all aspects of this gen Prius 6 months from production on new generation? Ridiculous.

Start over, finish 3 pages, try to go forward, locks up, asks for PIN to login.

Garbage, pure garbage.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I also received a survey (and a 2nd email)... Subject line was "Tell us how you really feel about your Toyota Prius - we can take it."

The text was like this:
    I haven't answered yet, so I hope I don't hit the PIN crap. I do plan to answer, I do sincerely think they want to get some reliability data, besides from other sources (e.g. Consumer Reports, dealer visits (since many cars are out of warranty now, etc.) I do plan to answer...

#2 cwerdna, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They are looking for a lot more than reliability data: There was a place to document opinion for so many parts of the car, from seat comfort to displays, headliner opinions and so much more. But what they learn from about owner's likes and dislikes should be of no use at this point: The 4th gen Prius is supposed to near first production.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hummmm, I need to check if my Toyota registration is still using the old 'Hotmail.com' account. That or somehow it might have gone to a SPAM filter and gotten zapped.

Bob Wilson

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hate when that happens. i don't bother with most surveys, i think they're meaning less.

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't usually bother with surveys.
    Even at my humble hourly wage, companies do not seen to be interested in compensating me for my time, so what you usually wind up with is a twin peaks response representing either fanboys or critics.
    A survey from an OEM probably means that they're interested in gauging brand loyalty - and since I haven't bought a Toyota since Bush #1 I'm probably not on their radar.
    A survey request from a dealer is usually a fishing expedition, unless you've recently purchased a vehicle there.
    GIGO.

A few caveats:
    I remember after I bought my Kawi, the company offered me some trinket for filling out a fairly simple new owner satisfaction survey after 6 months. I bit.
    I also mention prominently, and follow up faithfully with the "How did we do" survey when I buy a car.
    Usually I'll ask the finance manager about the OEM's dealer satisfaction survey shortly after I'm forced into his or her office for the dreaded paperwork signing.
    The last time I went through this I was in and out rather quickly and the dealer earned a positive review mostly since they didn't try to offer me a load of crap like extended warranties, options, or insurance (GAP.). ;)

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, the locking up of the page, and asking for a PIN would bother me.

But the survey itself?

I'm glad Toyota is asking. And asking people who have had their Prius a longer time. I have no problem with Toyota presenting the survey. Getting feedback from owners at different stages of ownership I think is a good idea.

If Toyota has some actual "problem" with the survey itself that causes it to lock up? That's a separate issue, but I assume the survey is optional so I'd just say, take it if you really want to, ignore it if you don't.

cwerdna likes this.
  8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good thing they are ignoring the PriusChat list . . . or did any of the survey questions mention what we'd already collected?

Bob Wilson