1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suspension Issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius_Driver, Sep 22, 2023.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did they give you a rental car?

2. Prius_Driver

Prius_Driver New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Nope, it started making it around mile 3,000 or so. To my knowledge I haven't hit anything and most of the miles have been highway miles. At this point I wish I could return it as it has been with the dealership for over a month.

bisco and Gokhan like this.
  3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Maybe you CAN.
    Instead of just whining about it, see a lawyer about
    the lemon laws where you live.
    Have you even called the Toyota "warranty help line" yet ??

I kind of get the impression that YOU are not doing everything that you should.

4. ken2023

ken2023 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    In most states if a relatively new car is out of service because of an issue like this for more than 30 days, you have some remedy under Lemon Laws. They aren't going to want to have to take it back and have that added permanently to the title, they'd lose quite a lot of money. So think if you are past the lemon-law limit, mention it to them, and could ask for a few $K off, or to just ask them to take the car back and not pursue it. Lemon Law Statutes by State - Lemon Law America

Prius_Driver likes this.
  5. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It is strange that they cannot figure it out. It is no rocket science, and there is simply a broken or loose part somewhere.

6. Gwyd

Gwyd Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    They're not just whining about it. Re-read the first page of the thread - they have looked into lemon laws. They've made the service department drive with them.

Now they're coming here to get ideas from other Prius owners. Collectively we probably know more about the Gen 5 than the service techs at most dealerships right now.

Bouncing things off us here may come up with a suggestion they can take to the dealer so they can fix the car he purchased rather than waiting/hoping the exact model they want comes rolling off a truck. It's not like there's a plethora of these sitting around for the dealership to just give them another one.

If there's nothing we can offer to help the dealership diagnose, then yes they should escalate things. But there's nothing wrong with asking the community as part of the process.

#26 Gwyd, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    Sedril, Trollbait and Prius_Driver like this.
  7. Prius_Driver

Prius_Driver New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e

Thank you, between work and several appointments for cancer screening/testing over the past couple weeks I haven't had much time to reach out to a lawyer/Toyota. As you said.... I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue, as this was the first time they had a Gen 5 in for repairs. Part of the reason it has taken so long is the shipping/wait times to order parts for the Gen 5.

Gokhan likes this.
  8. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Get well soon.

Yes, it could take a long time for dealers to repair cars or do body work.

When a hit-and-run driver damaged my bumper and broke my combination lamp with my blue jewel parked in a parking lot, the dealers gave an estimate of keeping the car in the shop for a month or so. I didn't have rental coverage; so, I couldn't do that. Instead, I did the repair in three hours myself and kept an extra $1,000 or so the insurance company gave me. I later added rental coverage.

Victim of a hit and run—again | PriusChat

9. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Absolutely positively correct.

But continuing the discussion by, in effect, posting the same
    "I don't understand why it is taking so long" over and over to people who
    don't have THAT answer is just a waste of time.

10. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I took the time to give a possible helpful answer, check the axle nut torque. Mine was definitely a mistake at the factory, and since it takes ten minutes, I chose not to spend half a day at the dealer who probably wouldn’t check it anyway if I suggest it.