1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suspension mod with no body drop?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by bobdavisnpf, May 20, 2007.

1. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

I want to stiffen up my handling, but I don't want to drop the body at all (need the clearance for driveway bump etc). Is there a way to add a suspnsion kit without dropping the body? Or better yet, a way to leave it "up" most of the time, and "drop" it for long trips and special occasions?

My current wish list:
    Continental ContiPro Contact SSR 205/45-17 runflat ($171x4)
    Kazera KZ-V wheels 17x7 17lb ($129x4)
    TRD Sportivo Supsension Kit ($990)
    TOM'S Lower Body Brace (rear) ($525)
    TOM'S Upper Stablizer (strut) ($290)
    BT Tech stiffening plate ($165)

Cheers,
    Bob

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think the Touring suspension has any drop.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Man Bob, that's quite a cash outlay, but an impressive and apparently well thought out set of mods....

I could tell a good bit of difference with only the BT plate. IT didi what I needed done, so I don't plan to add anything else, but best of luck, looks like quite a project. :lol: :lol:

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobdavisnpf @ May 20 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]446233[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know that the wheels and tires will stiffen up the handling per se. The TRD suspension kit will stiffen up the handling, but will also drop the car ~1 inch (which you indicated you did not want to occur). So you are left with the TOM'S and BT Tech parts. You may have a conflict between the BT Tech plate and TOM'S Lower Body Brace (rear), since they likely use the same mounting points.

I am going to be installing the TOM'S Upper and Lower front suspension braces in the next week or so. If you are not in a huge hurry, I will report back with my experience after the TOM'S parts are on the car.

5. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ May 21 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]446716[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks all for the comments. I'll look forward to reading about your experience, apri.

Guess I'll start for now with the BT plate and the wheels.

6. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is the goal? Stiffening the chassis and stiffening the suspension are two very different things...