1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suspension questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by InsaneKate, Jul 30, 2016.

1. InsaneKate

InsaneKate New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    New to the Prius game and new to Prius chat.. I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere that has already gone over what I'm about I ask but I'm honestly too lazy to search for it...
    I picked up a 2006 Prius this week for an insanely good deal, looking to lower it and curious what people are running for springs/coilovers? Also, what kind of wheel fitment can I play with? I come from a Volkswagen background and love the look of a fat lip wheel on a slammed car..
    Sooo... Show me what you've got! Link me to your build threads.
    Thank you!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    look up justdidit. he has I think 19" wheels and coilovers. if you don't want to modify your fenders, 16x7" wheels fit good with 215/55R16 tires. any larger than that and you will most likely have rubbing issues unless you roll your fenders.

Justdidit likes this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. illprius

illprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm running Ground Control sleeves on mine also. If your going to go Ground Control you look up 03-08 Matrix/Vibe sleeves since they don't make one for the Prius itself. Also if you are going to use the stock struts for the sleeves the rears have to be touring struts base struts are to skinny for the sleeves. I still need to roll my fenders in the front but I'm running Jeep wheels lol just to be different.
    [​IMG]

Justdidit likes this.