1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swapped Radio - No mp3 info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mobinakhtar, Mar 20, 2011.

1. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi friends,

I have a base 2006 with CD only. I bought a OEM mid-line non-jbl mp3 prius radio (manufactured 2005) from junkyard and put it in. Initially there was the red triangle with excalamation and mfd dispalayed "red car with "problem" in it (since I disconnected park button). That issue fixed itself after couple of restarts.

It now plays mp3 as expected but MFD doesnt show disc track info or name of song or folder name (I am unsure if it ever did with previousstereo but I attributed that to burned CDs) - I dont ever recall any info. on MFD playing CDs - just blanks in track, artist, name tag etc.) without knowing what folder and song, its kinda sad and lost. Also my FILE knob seeks to next track. is that normal?

steering wheel controls work too. Am I missing something here? do I need to reset CAN or something for mfd to realize a new stereo is attached?

2. Oneaxepony

Oneaxepony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I did a similar radio upgrade to my 2007 base Prius a few years ago. Same result. The MFD will not display song information and there are no folders to scroll thru. I attribute this to the fact the the Prius as built did not have an MP3 player so it does not have software installed to interpret/display the information. I viewed it as a relatively minor annoyance compared to having the ability to listen to MP3 discs.