1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swapping immobilizer with smart key will works!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by faciest, Aug 24, 2017.

1. faciest

faciest New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just want to share this here in case if somebody lost all the keys and can't get the immobolizer reseed. This question might has been asked before but noone had tried it and answered it clearly whether it works or not if you swap the immobilizer. I have a wrecked 2009 prius with smart key. I purchased a 2007 prius for very good deal because the owner lost all the keys and he lives in the country and didnt want to mess with it. Anyway, i took the immobolizer and smart key from the 2009 wrecked prius and installed it into the 2007 prius and i was able to use the keyless entry on the remote and the smart door handles works as well. The only thing that is not working that you have to insert the key into the keyslot to be able to start the car. That was because i still have to swap the proximity ecu which is deep inside the dashboard.
    To make it short i swapped 2009 immobilizer and smart key to 2007 prius. Things that works:
    Everything except keyless start engine.

coolioe93 likes this.