1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swapping power seats into manual adjustment equipped car

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by christiandflores, Aug 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. christiandflores

christiandflores Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My car is a 2016 Prius Three with the 6 way manually adjusted seats.

Today while getting my car serviced I sat inside a new model with the 8 way power heated seats which I found more comfortable due to the lumbar support.

Would this be a direct swap without having to require a new harness?

The heating component obviously would require a different panel and wiring for the buttons, but living in SoCal it’s not that important

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I doubt it. Parts catalog Figure 82-02, Wiring & Clamp lists two versions of the floor wire harness: 82161-47Z40 (formerly 82161-47L90) for the Four and Four Touring, which have the power driver’s seat, and 82161-47Z30 (formerly 82161-47L80) for other models. I’d be very surprised if Toyota included the unused wires or connectors in the latter version.

It wouldn’t be too hard to know for sure, though: check for the green wire on connector 3H, terminal 7, at the instrument panel junction block assembly. See the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) for details.