1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swapping Prius doors from different years?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by reggieprius, Dec 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. reggieprius

reggieprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I own a 2015 Prius base1 and have a 2012 Prius donor door, I should be good with changing doors, right? The computer should link the door sensors?

2. EV_mode

EV_mode Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd say you'd most likely have some issues. The door is probably the same the electronics and the harness are most likely the issues. I say this I just looked up a 2015 door on car.parts.com and it gives me plenty of doors but all of which are 2015. If you could easily swap doors with older models it would have older doors being offered. It may be worth your time to swap the electronics if possible not sure if that will easily transfer though.

reggieprius likes this.
  3. reggieprius

reggieprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'll check back with updates.

4. reggieprius

reggieprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I went to the website, and they didn't have any 2015 doors. I also called them, and they confirmed that they did not have 2015 doors. I think that I will change the electronics as well when I swap doors.

EV_mode likes this.