1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Swedes burn wild bunnies for warmth

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Oct 15, 2009.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the juvenile miscreants, don't get a new stainless steel model. Save a quite a few bucks by getting a used chrome plated model, with the chrome flaking off and rust showing beneath. Ought to be cheap at farm estate or used implement sales.

Dad regrets saving $5 by not getting the better stainless steel version forty years ago, when the price difference was very small. But for juvenile thug humans, cheap & rusty should be just fine.

2. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    They say kids who start by torturing animals eventually move on to people. Threads?

3. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If the bunny population is that far out of control that enough are killed to be a heating fuel, then something is seriously out of balance with the natural predator-prey system. One would think that Sweden could come up with a more natural solution for population control.

I also agree that it makes sense to use the meat (and fur) for something, other than just burning...

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Which is why I advocate the use of the sheep castration tool, to make sure they don't pass along their defective genes

Of course, we could always take the kids who torture animals and use THEM for fuel. Now that I think about it, my sinister plan to produce Soylent Green is looking better and better

5. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was just trying to picture the animal rights people out trying to neuter wild rabbits. Considering how fast they reproduce and how hard they are to capture, it does not seem to be a cost effective method of controlling the population of these 'vermin'. (Imagine trying to do something similar to rats in a city....)

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus