1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TACKY INTERIOR?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mike PhD PE, Aug 28, 2004.

1. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Buy the Corolla

I actually think you'd be happier with the Corolla S. What I really like about the "S" is how cheesy those aero pieces look. Talk about tacky! If someone even has to ask the question of comparing these two cars, they will NOT be happy with the Prius. I've had my Prius since Nov' 03 and absolutely love it. Having owned an Audi, Lexus, BMW and Mercedes I'd say without a doubt this is my favorite car. If the Corolla S was $5000 MSRP, I'd STILL buy the Prius!

2. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Another feature

One other feature the Prius (except base model) has that the Corolla doesn't is "Smart Entry/Smart Start". This is the coolest feature I have ever had on a car, and is incredibly useful.

You may not like the way the Prius looks, but I can guarantee you you will never have someone come up and admire your Corolla in a parking lot. I've only had my prius for three weeks, and I have had three or four encounters with people in parking lots who wanted to see/know about my Prius. Also, I bought a Prius because I believe in getting good gas milage., but I figured it would be a trade-off. Before the Prius, I was driving a loaded VW GTI VR6, with leather, tons of power, great handling and high 20's mpg. I figured I would miss the VW (which was completely trouble free by the way), but not a chance. I love the Prius. I have never enjoyed driving so much. This is the greatest car ever made, and I will never own a non-hybrid car again!

3. Batavier

Batavier Member

I think you asked at the wrong board. We Prius-drivers and Prius-drivers-in-waiting are a tad biased it seems. Although we do try to answers truthfully.

Over here in the Netherlands the Prius base model (the one I have: without NAV, SE/SS, bluetooth and fog lights) costs EUR 25000 and a Corolla Verso diesel stick shift also costs around EUR 25000. While it would have been cheaper for me to buy the Corolla, because even with the good mileage of the Prius, the Corolla would have cost less per kilometer than the Prius, I chose the Prius.

I cannot get enough of driving it, I drive 45000 km per year and in my stick shift Peugeot 206 it was becoming a bit of a chore. It was still fun, but not as much fun as it was a few years ago. Not with the Prius; I can hardly wait to get behind the wheel again. Mine has a grey interior by the way and I love it.

But if I would have had to pay $12k more for the Prius, I'm not sure I'd have chosen it. Perhaps I would have, but I think I'd have driven my Peugeot for a bit longer until I would have been able to pay for a Prius.

:D