1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tactrix open port help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Figster10, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Figster10

Figster10 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have purchased the tactrix open port but can't seem to get access to smart key to register used sks fobs to gen 2 prius.

Question: which version of techstream works best with the open port in terms of getting access to smart key programming for USED KEY FOBS?

Possible solutions:
    I have heard that using different versions of techstream helps but I need to know which is the best for the SMART KEY ACCESS fix

note: I just need access to smart key programming for used fobs

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't believe there is a lot you can do without proper level security access.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think the normal access is fine for pretty much all of the fob registering and deleting operations. The security-professional level is for completely reseeding the car in case all the original fobs have been lost.

But the thing with used fobs is that the normal procedures don't work with them. You can either get the used fobs revirginized, which then lets you use the normal procedures, or you have to proceed as if you were reseeding the car and re-registering every fob. Which normally requires the locksmith-level subscription; someone may have found alternatives, but I'm not knowledgeable about them.

strawbrad and Figster10 like this.
  4. Figster10

Figster10 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay. I can do everything but reseed for used fobs and all keys lost. I guess the next question is: is it just with the gen 2 Prius that it does this with?

5. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    No, the restrictions on the Smart Code Reset feature of the Toyota Techstream software aren’t specific to Prius cars or certain model years. As far as I know, all versions of Techstream, regardless of version number or source, require you to have some means—not provided in Techstream itself—to compute the pass-code number to enter when Techstream displays a vehicle-specific seed number during the reset procedure.

I’m aware of three ways to get pass-code numbers:
    • Anyone can buy a pass-code calculator program or calculation service from third parties, as mentioned in several PriusChat threads; like @ChapmanF, I don’t have any details of these to share.

SFO likes this.
  6. Salvage09

Salvage09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II