1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Taking a Stand on 2007 Prius AC Mold Problem!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Walk_the_walk, Jun 25, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Dont think it will help one damn bit

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. ralvy

ralvy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My dealer has scheduled the repairs noted in the bulletin (replacing the evaporator sub-assembly), which require leaving the Prius there an entire day. When I asked about people who complained about this during their 3-year warranty, I was told that as long as those complaints arose during the 3-year warranty, the repair would be covered, even if they are no longer in warranty.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good to hear

3. Big-w

Big-w Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes. I just experienced this discovery firsthand. Despite spending $1300 for an "Extended" "Platinum" warranty, I was told that the people running the extended warranty side of things--Toyota Financial Services, will not cover this problem. Might as well call it a Plastic warranty. What a joke. Toyota, when will you learn?

4. ralvy

ralvy New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you complained of this during your initial warranty you should be covered.