1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Taking my Gen 4 for granted

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by raspy, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that and if it's hand built, what's the production rate? 3 per month? That's only 36 a year. It seems low. 20-25 to the US and Middle East, the rest scattered across the globe.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Corporate bluster! Let's blame it on the customers... :sneaky:

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. raspy

raspy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    An end of an era, chaps. Car is being picked up by the lease company today. I got the car valeted yesterday.

For those wondering how a Gen 4 holds up, interior and exterior, after 2 years and 19,000 miles, there is nothing to be afraid of. If you were to take off the number plate, any potential purchaser would assume it's almost new.

I'm seriously impressed, especially with the quality of the paintwork. It's gleaming, even though I never polished or waxed it in 2 years. I did get it washed regularly though. There virtually no stone chips despite a low front. Contrast this with my Merc, which is 6 months older, has 9k more miles, yet has a load of stone chips on the front bumper. Gosh, it even has stone chips on the sides too!

I did one final run with it yesterday. 35 mile round trip with AC and most of it at 55mph, and it got close to 70mpg UK (58mpg US) - I was not hanging around either. Simply astonishing.

In 2 years of driving over zillions of speed humps in London, and a mix of stop start traffic, country lanes and high speed motorway trips, the car was faultless. Never broke down. Just put fuel in it and get on with your life. If you are browsing this forum and wondering about getting a Gen 4 or not, test drive one now. Look past the image and appreciate one of the most innovative cars on the market.

IMG_9040.jpg

GreenJuice, krmcg, RCO and 6 others like this.
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Almost, but not quite the end of an era! Well done, @raspy (y):)

krmcg, alanclarkeau and raspy like this.