1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Taking my Prius from So Cali to Boston - worth it/?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by motifone, Mar 15, 2018.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is absolutely nothing in the given parameters of that scenario that make me think NOT taking your Prius with you to Boston is the best thing to do.

Bay Stater, motifone and pilotgrrl like this.
  2. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    100% agreed. I loved my Michelin Defenders up here as they were quite durable with great tread (we drive a lot of dirt roads here in rural Vermont) but they were my "summer" tire. IMO, here in New England, you want 4 dedicated snow tires on your Prius. Anything else is a severe detriment to forward progress.. and safe stopping... and turning... you get it. ;)

We've been extremely happy with our Prius as a year round car, but it needs the right tires for the temps and snow, for sure.

Bay Stater and motifone like this.
  3. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I drove my Gen 2 for 12 great years in Chicago without snow tires. Definitely take your Prius to Boston!

I'd still be driving my Gen 2, but I lost it in an accident. I feel bad for the car, since I totaled it. It kept me safe. 2 fractured vertebrae, 4 months in a back brace, new Gen 4 for me.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Bay Stater, motifone and jerrymildred like this.