1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Talk to a Cop- The good, bad, and ugly!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

That WOULD be fun actually... Too bad you didn't live nearby... I have TONS of tactics I implement to obfuscate cops from getting a "read" on my speed whether by "eyeballing" or other...

Truthfully, the only reason I get caught (and it's always for the "little" stuff), is because I'm careless. NOT the case when I'm driving or riding in some way that would most assuredly put me behind bars for a few hours with a reckless charge...

...only the idiots get caught. :ph34r:

Edit: Keep in mind though, I don't do stupid crap like 100mph wheelies in a school zone... :lol: Every once in a while I do like to take a good run, there's a time an place for everything...

Oh, btw, isn't Ohio the state that has A LOT of problems with bikers doing stunts on highways and stuff? Even I don't go that far, I'll do that stuff in either empty parking lots or deserted streets...

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

My favorite saying is that we only catch the slow ones and the dumb ones.

I don't know if Ohio has a particular problem with stunt riding....doesn't happen much here, and when it does, it is usually a fatality.

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flareak @ Feb 23 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]215508[/snapback]</div>
    Every so often, in my town as, I suppose, just about every other town, they have DUI checkpoints and post results in the local paper.There is ALWAYS a number of people who get nailed at these, and not just for DUI--we get LOTS of ones cited/towed for no license/suspended license (what we DON'T seem to get here in California is busts for "no insurance," which IS illegal, but if they bust an immigrant for no insurance, the cry is "RACIST," so that one just never seems to be enforced. And boy, does that piss me off, since I DO pay for insurance and have to pay an extra premium for "uninsured drivers, which there are not supposed to be any of...)...oops...sorry...[​IMG]

Back to DWS...recently, the local LE folks had, not a checkpoint, but just a local step-up of seatbelt law enforcement. One woman got busted...for no seatbelt, mind you...and was found to be driving with a suspended license and carrying crack and a glass pipe (in her jeans pocket). Oh, and she was on parole. Seems to me, this is a REALLY FINE example of DWS...wouldn't you think, if you KNOW your are doing about 47 illegal things AND ON PAROLE, you might just go out of your way to NOT do just one or two LITTLE things that might bring you to the attention of LE officers?
    <div align="center">[​IMG]</div>
    And, unfortunately, the stupid ones are usually the ones who kill a car full of kids on their way to their little league ballgame and walk away with nary a scratch...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 24 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]215968[/snapback]</div>
    And the guy responsible for the first World Trade Center bombing got caught when he tried to get his deposit back on the (destroyed/blown up) rental van... [​IMG]

4. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 26 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]217186[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, how could it be? If 2 hands were always required, wouldn't nobody drive a stick, now would they? I do think, however, that it is not so much the driving with one hand holding the phone so much as looking at the phone to dial or answer, or to read text messages, or whatever like that. I once got pulled over for missing a stop sign while I was taking my (then about 11-year-old) son to a doctor's appointment. I explained to the cop where we were going, but not that we had been arguing (naughty!), and he let us go. Fortunately, the street was quiet--and it was a new stop sign, but not so new that they still had "conditions changed" signs up, but new enough that I hadn't ever seen it before...