1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tampa FL Dealers Charging Anywhere from $4,200 - $5,000 Over MSRP!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here in the SF bay area, there are dealers asking $3,000 mark up (who knows how much--if any--they're actually getting).

Most dealers have a no mark up policy. My dealer's policy is to always sell below MSRP. I paid (a bit) below MSRP, plus $45 doc prep fee, and the only other fees I paid were legitimate CA fees (registration, etc.).

No options or add-ons were forced on me. I got the $200 carpeted mats, but that was my choice.

2. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have NOT criticized anyone in any of my posts on this topic, I am simply offering another POV. As for what's fair re: prices, I use invoice price to judge. It appears the spread between invoice and MSRP on the 2010 Prius is about what it's always been, and similar to other cars in the category. The best value is the best price the dealer and I can agree on, whatever that is. "Ripoff" has nothing to do with my POV...

3. psu77

psu77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I drove about 4 hours yesterday to pick up my 2010 Prius II from Earl Stewart. There were no dealer add ons other than floor mats. I paid MSRP and no dealer fees. The total of my transfer fees was under $100.

There was absolutely no hard sell from the Finance Mgr. (just briefly explained prepaid maintenance and I said no thanks and that was it). I was out of there in 45 minutes.

Take the drive from Tampa and save yourself a lot of money and grief.

4. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Yay!
    My V will be into Stewart Toyota in 2 weeks. Only dealings were over the phone, and they were so helpful and professional. They are a 3 hour drive from me near Orlando, but worth the trip considering the ripoff artists around here.... I've heard nothing but good about Stewart.