1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tanabe or CUSCO Strut Tower Bar — Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by yamisoshi, Nov 20, 2013.

?
  1. Tanabe STB

12.5%
  2. Cusco STB

87.5%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. patdeezy

patdeezy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    cant wait to get mine!

2. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was about to give up on my proposed method of installing the Cusco strut tower bar and would have to "bite the bullet" and remove all of those screws, wipers, wiper motor and those two splash trays.

The problem is that there is no way of getting your fingers into that area to start the nuts onto the studs.

A flex box ratchet like those sold by Gearwrench and others will not easily start the nut onto the stud, because there is not enough friction to hold the nut to overcome the internal friction to allow the ratchet to release.

Luckily I discovered that the strategic placement of the tip of a long thin flat blade screwdriver would hold the center of the box wrench to allow the ratchet pawl to release and turn the nut.

I'm still waiting for my Cusco strut bar and will keep all who are interested posted on my progress.

3. yamisoshi

yamisoshi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Had anyone seen a difference in the drive? If so, what kind of conditions have you felt the difference?

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk

4. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  5. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've had mine for close to a month, now.

I'd say it makes a big difference.

The sweetest part was that I was able to install it without removing any of the wiper and cowl components.

I upgraded the fiddling hex socket head connector bolts, washers, locknut and stupid acorn nut with single ISO 10.9 grade flange nuts and an ISO 10 grade flange lock nut on each side. All I need is a 14mm box wrench and a 14mm socket with 3/8 drive ratchet to install and remove the center section.

Attached Files:

Bullet Salvador and NoMoreNow like this.