1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tanabe Strut Tower Brace and the Recall

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jay J, May 29, 2014.

1. Jay J

Jay J Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a heads up to everyone here with the brace...
    Take it off, as well as the LH bracket, before you go in for the recall; otherwise it cannot be performed.
    Thanks
    -Jay

2. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the heads up. Did they say why? Was the fuse box access the issue? I have the Cusco brace which doesn't interfere with the fuse box so I'm curious if the same applies?

3. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A 3-in-1 fuse (50A-30A-30A) needs to be removed during programming to prevent other control modules from talking on the data bus and potentially corrupting the flash.

4. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. So it sounds like as long as they have fuse box access you should be okay.

5. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had mine done "without" taking the brace off!. I DID ask the service advisor before I sign the work order. They did the update without issue take off the fuse box cover, I had the Blackbox camera mounting in window and records every seconds during the update process.