1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tanabe swaybars

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Prius Happy, May 5, 2011.

1. Prius Happy

Prius Happy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Anyone noticed these? I was just searching around for some suspension part on our cars... something that can make my car more stable and what not. Search after search... I landed on this site.

Toyota Prius 2010 ZVW30 Performance, Handling & Electronic Accessories :: Sigma Automotive

If you noticed there's a Tanabe swaybar... But when I check tanabe's site (Tanabe USA Inc. - Sustec Stabilizer) they don't even have one on their list. Also there's pro NF coilover lol ... anyone ordered from this site before?

2. indyV

indyV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I ordered their signal mirrors from them. Most of their parts are directly from Japan, so perhaps you're seeing the sway bar made for the Japanese market. Like you already know, Tanabe only has the strut tower brace for the US market.

I do know that the rear sway bar for an xB 2008 would fit on the Prius. You could look into that.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...3436-does-prius-iii-has-anti-roll-bars-2.html

3. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The parts that Sigma carries are for the JDM Prius. There may be some fitment issues, as with STBs that are designed specifically for the JDM Prius (ie. CUSCO, C-One). I don't think there will be a fitment issue with the rear sway bar. However, for that price, you could get a TRD sway bar for the Gen II XB, which does fit the Prius (as multiple owners have installed), and have change for a fancy dinner...