1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tape Deck NO longer works :(

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by missashahlee, Jun 7, 2012.

1. missashahlee

missashahlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all! I'm fairly new to these boards in the sense that I've never posted, but have always been able to find quick fixes for anything that was wrong with my car and this is a total lifesaver! But I've tried searching the boards, doing google searches, and asking friends to no avail.

A few days ago, my tape deck went out. Right now I primarily use it as an adapter to listen to music. I thought that it was the actual cassette itself, so I purchased two brand new ones, and neither one would work. I will insert the tape, and it will eject on its own a few seconds later and the radio will turn on. I have a 2005 so there isn't any outlets that I can use to plug in the auxiliary cord and I am literally at my wits end! I've done some research onto other alternatives, but I really don't want to have to get the DICE (read that that can be up to $200). Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you so much!