1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tax credit?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by darkleafar, Mar 27, 2012.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    i have researched this and have been unable to find an official answer: Does the Prius V qualify for any type of tax credit?

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No credit. Only the Plug in Prius has a tax credit.

3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Most of the tax credits for Prius have expired about a year or two ago. The new tax credit is leaning towards the Electric Vehicles or Plug-in type cars like the Leaf, Volt and the Prius Plug-in. Ranging from $2500-7500. Some states will have some incentives like discounts or allowances, but you have to look them up in your state gov dmv sites, which will tell you. Most of them are going to be pointing to the newer techs though.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No +3.
    The federal Hybrid Tax Credits were used up quickly by Toyota back in 2006/7.
    Other manufacturers sold less hybrids and stretched it out much longer.
    I bought mine in Sept 2006 just before the full Prius tax credit expired.
    States may have something I am not aware of.
    My state gives some HOV access and I am exempt from emissions testing for my model year.

5. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    awwwww, sad face....thanks guys.

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Tax credits and energy rebates have always been a joke.

The consumer almost never got the best deal.

The vendors and the dealers always "jacked up" the price, so, in effect, they got the tax credit or the rebate.

After the tax credit program was over, the Prius amazingly came down to its "real selling price."

7. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nothing federal, by maybe state.
    In CO it qualifies for a tax credit of $2,595.

8. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  9. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    2225 credit on prius V thanks for the link!

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Believe what you want but you should be hard pressed to find a dealer or manufacturer that increased the selling price due to a government rebate or credit. In 2006/2007 my dealer didn't even mention the Federal tax credit. The Prius was selling at MSRP because gas prices were "high" and because there were phase out dates future demand was shifted to the present. Why should a dealer discount a car that won't sit on the lot for a week. The only time I saw 6 Prius on the lot at the same time was when the truck just unloaded. Normal inventory was maybe 2 cars. The selling attitude was "If you don't want to buy this car at this price, no problem. There are 3 people standing in line who will."

When I was shopping in the Spring of '06 Liberty Toyota had 2 cars. An older couple arrived just before I did & was out test driving. When they returned my salesman grabbed the fob for my drive. While chatting upon our return the other salesman came to pick up the fob. The car's sold.

The credits on Toyotas phase out. Production is increased to meet demand. The bottom falls out of the economy and guess what? A 2009 Prius can be bought for INVOICE. Nobody is buying cars. Industry sales are the lowest in 20 years. Plenty of inventory on the lots.

Several members believed the Prius was overpriced at MSRP & waited years before buying.

Tesla's inventory qualifies for a Federal tax credit & exemption from NJ sales tax. Their closest store is in NYC. Do you really believe they increase the price of the car on a NJ buyer so the amount OTD equals what a NY buyer would pay?