1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Teaser: Auto-lock after shutdown coming!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Mar 8, 2005.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    would it be possible to have two exit delays? a longer one which could be activated by a button? It would cost more.. but could be an accessory or .. something...

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I can see now why no one has yet built such a module. Many people want different features, and trying to make it "perfect" will take significant testing, complicate the installation, and increase the cost.

Dan, I agree that I should wait until all the doors have been closed. Ideally, what I would do is:

1. Upon full shutdown from "Ready" (not just from Accessory-On) begin waiting for the driver's door to open.

2. After it opens, start waiting for it to be closed.

3. After it closes, wait a certain amount of time to see if any of the other 4 doors (including hatch) have opened.

4. Wait for them to close.

5. After they close, wait a certain amount of time to see if they reopen.

6. Look for a Smart Key. If not found, lock doors. If so, sound an alarm audible outside the vehicle.

7. Wait a certain amount of time for owner to retrieve smart key.

8. If no door open is detected after that time, lock doors anyway, but when rear hatch is pulled up for a long period of time, unlock all doors if key is detected in vehicle.

This is my ultimate algorithm. I don't know how to accomplish all of this, and each improvement will take time, and the module will cost more.

If you want my current implementation, the module will be four wires, will lock at key-on (any state) after a custom delay less than 255 seconds and after key-off, after a custom delay less than 255 seconds.

I know it's less than ideal for everyone (including me) BUT it will be available next week for $75 and can be installed in less than a half hour with just a pair of pliers. (I'll make instructions over the weekend).

I don't know about you guys, but I have waited a year for such a module and don't want to wait any longer.

Nate

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What's your plan for upgrade fees? :mrgreen:

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Tell you what, I'll offer some sort of trade-in plan IF I get around to building a better module.

The module will be unpluggable and reusable, so I could resell the used ones.

Those of you who have watched my "mod trail" know that I will want to spend some more time on other mods.

Nate

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid