1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tech doesn’t work because it’s not ready for prime time

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Richard Rutherford, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most people have been beating the 52mpg combined figures on the Gen 4 so something is wrong.

At 35mpg, I suspect she’s driving in B mode and not letting the engine shut off.

The only times I got less than 40mpg on a Prius was on the Gen 2 with the battery on its way out (the last year or two years saw mpg lower to 38-40) and when I drove my Gen 3 in -40 temps (with the entire tank driven in temps no warmer than -20°C) and that got me 38mpg.

Arctic_White and jerrymildred like this.
  2. smyles

smyles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It was a troll post, it seems.

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Starting to look that way. But then again, some people do have lives to live. It's just odd to ask a question and then not respond to the answers.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably taking a long weekend from the net, plus, p/c was broken for awhile.

other than the 35mpg, which he is probably figuring wrong, it's mostly tech complaints and the fianance manager.
    most of us have some of those concerns.

with a 2009, the tech was pretty basic, but still poor. he must have assumed toyota, like other manufacturers, would have figured it out by now.

#24 bisco, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. Drexo

Drexo New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Most bluetooth issues have nothing to do with the vehicle itself. different versions of firmware on the vehicle and on the phone make these problems happen. I can tell you there are no updates available for the vehicle at the moment (updates happen from time to time) so that leads me to believe your phone is the issue. I would update it and/or do a factory reset. That is the actual diagnostics procedure to approach your issue.

6. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm a little late to the party, but:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.