1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Techstream 12.0 Help Adding New Smart Key

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kumatae, Jun 30, 2017.

1. kumatae

kumatae Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I noticed that there are a lot of techstream posts but none reflected the latest version that came out in March of 2017. We have a Prius and we lost our spare key and I read how expensive it will be to replace the key if we were to lose the last key. So being the DIYer that I am, I bought a cable and read the long posts regarding installing the cable and drivers and the software to a Windows XP 64bit laptop. Believe it or not, I got all of it to work just fine on my second try! I made some mistake on the first try. If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to help with this process or be more than happy to do another detailed write up since everything I've been reading is so old. Now that I am able to connect and the posts are relatively old and reference older versions of techstream so I was wondering if anyone out there could help me where I need to go to get my unlocked spared key programmed. The first screen I get is below and not sure which one I need to choose.

[​IMG]

And here's what menu I get.

[​IMG]

From what I'm reading, it's under Body Electrical but I don't see anything that relates to Smart Key or anything that relates to it. Any help would be appreciated if you've been down this road. Thank you!

PS. Yes I do have a 2014 Prius V and we did own a Gen III but I figure since there are more folks over here than Prius V and I like to think that it's almost identical when it comes to this.

#1 kumatae, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    under entry and start??

3. kumatae

kumatae Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think I tried that but didn't see anything. I'll give it a shot again tonight. Thanks!

More than anything, does it matter which number to select for the option? Have no clue what those numbers represents.

4. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    looks like those are production dates.
    start - nov 2014
    nov 2014 - aug 2015
    aug 2015 - may 2016
    may 2016 - end

check your door jamb to see your mfg date

5. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just added a key a few months back - went from two keys to three keys - here are my notes:

- - - - - 2010 Prius - 2ZR-FXE

Techstream SW: 9.00.025 - it lists Prius vehicles through 2015

System Select -> Smart ? -> Smart Key Live -> Smart Code Registration (Classic) -> Smart Code Registration - Information

Before
    Remaining number of keys that can be registered - 5
    Number of keys currently registered - 2

After
    Remaining number of keys that can be registered - 4
    Number of keys currently registered - 3

At the bottom of the Information page is [Next] which asks you to
    1) place working key against Start button (Toyota Logo towards start button)
    Techstream beeps to ack, then...
    2) Asks for new remote to be placed against the start botton in the same way.
    Techstream beeps & its registered :)

Good Luck

Also vote for "Entry & Start" as the starting point :)