1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Techstream Fatal Error: 0xc0040001 when trying to do an active test on powertrain > engine/ECU

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GreenTea&SaltWater, Mar 29, 2023.

1. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I was trying to test the fuel pump but received that error. Tried running tests on any of the options on that Engine/ECU list but same error. I have an old cracked version of Techstream I believe it's 10.13 or something like that. Is this the cause? If so, where can I get a newer version of it?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You think your fuel pump might be failing You've got enough miles on the car to think like that change it It's a cheap pump should be similar to a Corolla in tank pop those things are $30 each days I've installed a few of the $30 pumps and they seem to work fine I haven't had any trouble with them I've also only had one or two fail and when they did they weren't weak they didn't pump at all No noise nothing. If I believe I'm at a point where a pump might be weak I would just change it even if the tanks have full no problem no smoking and change it I've done it in half full tanks no problem didn't even have to drain the tank pull the pump right up out of the mess took the sock off of it to symbol the new one new sock and everything put the hoses on and back in the hole not on a Prius this is in my Corolla which should be about the same I can't imagine much has changed on a Prius for the fuel pump.

3. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    omg. paragraphs and punctuation, please use them!

my prius has 155k miles

4. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :D

GreenTea&SaltWater likes this.
  5. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't waste your time. Pretty much everyone has told this person to use
    puncuation, and paragraphs, but it won't happen.
    Just use the ignore function and you won't have to see the mess.

GreenTea&SaltWater likes this.
  6. GreenTea&SaltWater

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    its like witnessing an internal monologue fueled by adderall and a week of no sleep

StarCaller and Grit like this.